Fineline is a leading supplier of PCB technology and supply chain solutions. With a global footprint and more than 300 employees, worldwide, we have relationships with customers in over 40 countries.
At Fineline, we strive for excellence in everything we do. We are trusted partners, close to customers and easy to do business with.
We provide a collaborative working environment within a dynamic, forward-thinking team. We are always looking for creative individuals, so if you would like to work in a friendly, growing company where you feel empowered to find new ways of delivering great results, talk to us.
Fineline VAR Ltd is our UK operations and a vacancy has arisen for a Quality Manager to join our UK team.
We invite applications before 19th November 2021.
Based in Harrogate, England, UK (also some travel will be required to Calne, Wiltshire)
The role of Quality Manager is to co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Quality and ensure that customer quality concerns are dealt with efficiently and is at the centre of the customer service offering. The role will also be responsible for all Health, Safety and Environment compliance that is required by the company. The key responsibilities are to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities within Fineline VAR are adhered to whilst observing the company values.
- Maintain ISO9001 and ensure the internal and external audit schedules are successfully achieved.
- Coordinate the management of customer quality matters to their conclusion.
- Drive and embed robust preventative corrective actions in response to any quality issues.
- Ensure the corrective action reports are actioned.
- Drive and manage continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage the technical quality issues and liaise with the appropriate internal team members to positively close out any issues raised.
- Maintaining and reporting on customer scorecards.
- Build a positive working relationship with members of the wider team who can assist with quality matters and develop a wider understanding of the importance of quality into all levels of the company.
- Working with the global quality team and following global quality initiatives, processes, and policies.
Health, Safety & Environment Compliance:
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all its Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements.
- Developing and maintaining HSE processes and procedures.
- Coordinating office and warehouse HSE management arrangements.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Undertake HSE inspections to monitor compliance of the required standards and statutory requirements.
- Maintain initiatives to reduce the company’s carbon footprint and look for additional ways to support this area.
- Develop HSE knowledge and understanding at all levels of the company.
|Education, Qualifications, Training, Professional Qualifications||Qualified by experience in a similar role.
Knowledge of ISO9001.
|NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
Advanced level Excel
|Special Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
– technical Skills
– IT Skills
– subject knowledge
|Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Able to complete tasks and implement process improvements.
– length of time
– nature of company(ies)
– positions, tasks, and responsibilities
|At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.|
|People Management Skills
– communication skills
– supervisory skills
– organisation skills
|Experience in working with multi-level employees.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
– attitude, aptitude, personality
– discretion, confidentiality
– flexibility, initiative, stress tolerance
– team player
Ability to work on own initiative.
Ability to work co-operatively with others.
|Ability to be flexible in working style.|
– ability to travel
– ability to work additional hours and weekends (where necessary)
|Some travel will be required.|
This role offers an inclusive working environment, career and personal development and a competitive salary.
To apply please forward your application (cover letter, CV, certificates) to email@example.com